The SSE program was originally established in India in 1969 under the name Bal Vikas, and subsequently was taken up by the Organization all over the world. This is a unique program of spiritual education for children of devotees of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba. Children of ages 6 to 15, divided into three groups
|Lotus Group||Pre-K – Kindergarten|
|Group 1||Grades 1-3|
|Group 2||Grades 4-5|
|Group 3||Grades 6-9|
|Group 4||Grades 10-12|
- To raise a generation of boys and girls with a clean and clear conscience.
- To guide the children on the spiritual path through simple and moral living.
- To instill in the young minds the importance of Duty, Devotion, and Discipline.
- To help them to Love all and Serve all.
- To help them to grow into worthy citizens, to serve the society, identifying the Divinity present in all.
- In short, to raise a generation of torch bearers of Sai ideals.
The curriculum includes lesson plans designed for the four age groups. The lesson plans include:
- Information on the major world religions with an emphasis on the Unity of religions – the children learn and understand the prayers from the major religions.
- Detailed explanations of the 5 core values, namely Truth, Right Conduct, Peace, Love and Non-Violence with examples from the life of Sri Sathya Sai Baba and other great personalities who lived an exemplary life based on the values.
- Protection and care of Nature and the Environment and respect for Creation. All these aspects are taught through established teaching methodologies. (Please refer to information from the USA Sai Organization for details)
Classes are conducted by teachers that have attended a structured training program. The teacher training workshops are conducted on an ongoing basis in each of the regions. The workshop is usually for two days at the end of which the students can receive a certificate allowing them to teach in the SSE program. In addition to the training, we offer refresher workshops on an ongoing basis for specific skills such as lesson planning, storytelling, activity planning, life applications, etc.
Classes are held once a week by the Center during the school year.
Please complete the contact form on the Contact Us page if you are interested in enrolling your child(ren) in the program or you wish to learn more about your child(ren)s current enrollment in the program.